As part of our work on this campaign we were able to secure global coverage in national and international publications including BBC Culture, The New York Times, The Financial Times, The Guardian, De Telegraaf, The Irish Independent, Chinese Weekly and more.
We also helped secure A-list celebrity endorsement by working with Gerard Butler’s LA team, as well as boosting social media conversation by seeding videos to online publications including The Guardian and BBC News.
The Paisley brand garnered 212,701,160 impressions from 2,483 pieces of coverage. They went from serious underdogs to odds-on favourites with Ladbrokes in the days leading up to the announcement. Visitors to the area rose by 25% in 2016 with 1.7 million visitors. Renfrewshire increased its visitors at a faster rate than other areas within the Glasgow region.
As we look back at the award-winning partnership between ourselves and the Paisley 2021 team, here are five tips to help bring campaign success:
1. Have a great team – Central to our success was a great relationship with the Paisley 2021 team – and our shared dedication & vision of the end goal.
2. Passion and ideas – A longer campaign such as the Paisley 2021 bid requires several phases of promotion. The ability to keep dreaming up big ideas is the key to success.
3. Hard work – Challenges and setbacks are inevitable in a 12 to 18-month campaign. But a dedicated team makes a big difference.
4. Media connections – Keep building your network of international contacts to allow you to push a story as far and wide as possible.
5. Seize opportunities – Whether that’s reaching out to celebrity publicists or reacting quickly to news announcements, always be on the lookout for new avenues to success.
If you’re looking for an award winning campaign get in touch with us!